If you are looking for a career in health care, explore our open positions with American Health Specialist and apply below.
Part-time · $40 – $45/hour · Two Locations Flint & Davison
– Master’s (Preferred)
– Certified Nurse Practitioner (Preferred)
– RN (Preferred)
We are a growing family practice looking for a motivated Nurse practitioner or a Physicians Assistant to fill a part- time position in a company with two office locations. (Flint & Davison) The Nurse Practitioner is expected to be flexible and rotate between both locations. The nurse practitioner is a licensed practitioner who is responsible for managing health problems and coordinating health care for pediatrics to elderly patients. Practice is in accordance with State and Federal rules and regulations and the nursing standards of care (assessment of health status, diagnosis, development of plan of care and treatment, implementation of treatment plan, and evaluation of patient status). Clinical management is conducted in collaboration with other health care team members. No weekends but rotation on call hours are required. The compensation for this position will be negotiable. VACCINATIONS NOT NEEDED!!!
· Functions independently to perform age-appropriate history and physical for complex acute, critical, and chronically ill preoperative patients.
· Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s age-specific needs.
· Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities
· Implements interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain physiologic stability, including but not limited to serving in the first assisting role.
· Monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
· Facilitates the patient’s transition within and between health care settings, e.g hospital admissions and hospital discharge, follow-ups.
· Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals.
· Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools.
· Uphold company policy to maintain and cultivate a practice and environment that makes employees hold one another accountable and patients treated with a standard of care set forth by AHS.
· Provide preventative care for a diverse patient population to decrease hospital admissions and chronic disease.
· Graduate of and accredited school of nursing
· Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program
· Current Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Licensure
· Current provider card in basic life support (BLS)
· Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and Power point
· Eligible for hospital privileges
· Maintain DEA license
Please fill out the below form and attach your resume.